Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fencing


For my last blog I am going to talk about something that I have wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance until I got to Trinity. That Thing is fencing. Fencing has always intrigued me, but I have never found any place near where I live to try it. When I got to Trinity I realized that fencing was offered as a course. So naturally I signed up. My only experience with a sword was all the videogames and movies I have seen where the main character wields a blade to cut down enemies or something. When I got to the class for the first time all I wanted to do was use a sword, but unfortunately for the first few classes we had to learn prober footwork. No sword. As the classes dragged on the momentous day finally arrived when I got to use my first sword. Awesome. I must say, I was a natural with a blade. The classes only got better from there. All we would do was stab each other to our hearts content, and every once and a while the coach would throw in a new technique. We would then make fools of ourselves by trying to mime our coach. I have to say, fencing is one of the best things I have tried here at Trinity University.

Subscribe to my Podcast (iTunes)
Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment